Equator Learning is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. This policy applies to any website powered by Equator Learning and links to this Privacy & Cookies policy.
2. When you participate in, access or sign up to any of our websites, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, web and mobile notifications, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, as well as information collected about your use of Equator services
3. We use your personal information to update you about new products, service and initiatives offered by Equator Learning brands and we may share your details with our partners. If you wish to object please contact us by e.mailing email@example.com
4. We will only contact you with your consent which you give at time of registration or by using our services.
5. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or simply logging into your account.
6. We will not transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) unless you have registered to a service whose base is outside the EEA. Such services outside of the EEA, are required to take adequate technical and organisational safeguards to protect personal information.
7. If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at email@example.com
8. Equator Learning is registered under the UK data protection act.
9. Our websites are published in the UK by Equator Learning Ltd. All personal information submitted by users outside the UK will be processed in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
This Cookies Policy provides you with information on what cookies may be set when you visit the Equator Learning site, and any of the sites powered by Equator Learning, and how you can manage them.
A cookie is a small text file that is saved to the hard drive of your computer when you use a website. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We use two types of cookies: session and persistent. Session cookies automatically expire when you leave our website or shut down your browser. Persistent cookies are cookies that stay on your computer permanently until you manually delete them. None of the cookies used by Equator Learning collect information that you have not already given us and nor are they used to deliver advertising.
Below is some information covering the types of cookies used by Equator Learning:
Settings Cookies Our websites use a number of cookies to remember your settings and preferences. These cookies are there to make your life easier. They can for example remember your login email address.
Analytics Cookies We use Google analytics to track how people find our websites. This information is gathered anonymously and stored by Google.
Embedded Video Cookies Sometimes we embed videos from other websites such as youtube.com. When we embed a video this allows the video provider to also set cookies on your browser. In most cases they will be using cookies to gather information which will allow them to improve their service. For more up to date information about specific cookies check with the video provider.
Social Media Cookies If you interact with Social Media, like Facebook and Twitter, from our websites those platforms will be able to set cookies on your browser. For the most up to date information about specific social media cookies please check with the social media website in question.
Managing Cookies If you would like to 'opt-out' of the cookies from our site, this can be accomplished on a cookie-by-cookie basis subject to browser settings. You may limit site operation or functions if you limit cookies, and if you delete all your cookies you may have to update your preferences with us next time you visit.
For more information about cookies generally and how they work, please see: www.allaboutcookies.org
Changes to the Privacy & Cookies policy